Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thoughts of a sick woman



Today I called out sick. I'm pretty certain I have a very mild form of the stomache flu. I almost didn't call out sick, but then I thought "Hmm, what if I up-chucked on one of my clients? Not a good idea Marsha." So I stayed home and felt sickly all day. And what did I decide to do? Watch Food Network. This makes total sense right? Feel so sick that nothing sounds appetizing, so let's watch tv that focuses on lots of food that I can't eat. But that's how much I love food. Food Network, Top Chef, Jacque Torres, Emeril, etc. is what comforts me. Even when it sounds awful I want to watch and be immersed. Guess crackers and water will have to suffice...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! My digestion is back on track now. I rewarded myself by indulging in a whole lotta thin mints the other day. Now kinda regretting that impulse. Eh, whatevs. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete